SO YOU WANT TO BE A WRITER?
LET ME HELP YOU WITH THAT
If you’ve ever wanted to “pick my brains’ or ‘take me for coffee’ here’s your chance. I’m opening up a limited number of Creative Career coaching sessions that will give you full, one-on-one Zoom access to me for one whole hour!
This is like a distilled episode of the ‘So You Want To Be A Writer’ podcast, but it’s all about YOU and what YOU want to know.
Whether you’re starting out and don’t know how to get your book written, you’ve written the manuscript and are not sure what to do next, or you have a book coming out and have no idea how to promote it, these sessions are for you!
Note: this is not a manuscript assessment service. I am happy to discuss your story in general terms but will not read your manuscript.
HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO ‘PICK MY BRAINS’?
HERE´S HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
For $220, you set the agenda and receive:
- A one-on-one session Zoom session with me for a full hour!
- My undivided attention
- A recording of our discussion
- One follow-up email to clarify anything as required.
TOpics WE CAN TALK ABOUT
- How to get your book written
- What’s holding you back?
- The ins and outs of a successful story
- Writing for children
- What to do with the manuscript you’ve drafted
- How to build an author platform to give your book the best chance
- The publishing industry
- The realities of a writing career
- How to promote your book
- How to be interviewed by the media
- Speaking in schools, at literacy festivals and more
- Community building
- Taking your writing career to the next level
- Any other burning questions you might have about how to build your dream life as a writer
HERE’S A LITTLE
I’ve been a writer for 25+ years. I’ve written non-fiction, articles, web pages, advertising campaigns, social media posts, newsletters, and everything in-between.
I’ve also written eight middle-grade novels, published by Hachette and Penguin Random House in Australia, as well as internationally in territories such as the US, the UK, Lithuania and Turkey.
I’ve worked with literary agents (and without them).
I’ve worked with editors and up publishers – I’ve also worked as an editor.
I’ve built a successful career that stretches beyond writing and into speaking, teaching, podcasting and more.
I currently co-host the Your Kid’s Next Read podcast, covering all aspects of the children’s publishing industry. For seven years (2014-2021) I co-hosted the So You Want To Be A Writer podcast, interviewing hundreds of authors and other publishing industry insiders and sharing my own experiences.
In short, my brains are yours to pick and I will bring all of my experience and knowledge to help you get your book and /or creative life and career back on track.
Spots each month are limited so get in quick!
Note: this is not a manuscript assessment service. I am happy to discuss your story in general terms but will not ready your manuscript.