Some time ago (and I won’t admit to exactly how long ago as I’d like us all to remain friends) Shelley from My Shoebox Life and Allison (cool name) at Melbourne Mumma both threw Kreativ Blogger awards in my direction. This made me feel a) chuffed and b) worried, as part of the whole thing is to a) put the award button on my blog (and we all know how useless I am at anything technical) and b) come up with seven things about me that you don’t know.
In an aside, I am kind of glad I can’t do the button thing because the spelling of this award bothers me. Mia Freedman’s post about the ‘creative’ spelling of children’s names resonated with me. I have two Ls in my name and it has meant a lifetime of spelling it out slowly – imagine how I’d go if I was Alisoun (as per Wife of Bath), or Ailysun. I’m all about correct spelling. Although I do now believe that the only way to correctly spell Allison is with two Ls (*ducks for cover*).
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. It’s taken me
several weeks a little while to come up with seven things, but here they are.
1. I was born in Papua New Guinea.
2. I went to five different primary schools.
3. I can read upside down.
4. I once played the role of ‘The Artful Dodger’ in Oliver and can still high kick my way through ‘Consider Yourself’.
5. I did ballet for ten years and danced en pointe. My feet still hate me for it.
6. I kissed my first boy at the age of seven, and then didn’t bother again for ten years.
7. I don’t like skirts. Or heels. Or anything that slows me down.
So, technically, I’m now supposed to hand over my meme to others. But I’m not good at chain letters (and yet I’m still here), so all I’m going to do is share seven blogs that I love. Not Kreativ, I know, but there you have it. The list does not include MaxabellaLoves and AndThenThereWereFour because, although they are my first reads every day, they are also my sisters. I’m not related to anyone on this list.
1. So now what? – life, sliced and diced.
2. Deer Baby – the most beautiful writing.
3. Not Drowning Mother – irreverent. Will make you snort coffee out your nose.
4. My Fluffy Bunnies – the haikus get me every time.
5. Ah, The Possibilities – sweet, and funny, and topical.
6. The Lark – I am a handmade person masquerading in a klutz’s body.
7. A Country Farmhouse – this is what my life in the country should look like.
Visit them. You’ll love them. And now I’m heading off to teach Alla Hoo Hoo the words to ‘Consider Yourself’. What imaginary friend wouldn’t love a song like that?
In another spectacular display of Failure To Add The Button, I’m flogging my blog today with Lori at RRSAHM – pop over and visit, because you can never read enough great blogs.